Cranberry tuna salad is the perfect snack!
I’m not sure what draws me to this recipe more; how it looks or who made it! Manuela is so good at what she does! She writes some pretty darn healthy and delicious recipes and we’re so glad she’s on our team of contributors!
Recently, I’ve been making different types of protein salads for my husband to take to work. My go-to’s are normally chicken salad and egg salad, but I think I’m ready to try something a little different. My husband loves tuna salad but it’s not on the top of my list. But when Manuela submitted this recipe, I gave tuna salad a second glance. This cranberry tuna salad is packed with cranberries and walnuts and can be lightened up by using greek yogurt instead of the classic mayo.
The cranberries are sweet and tart which pairs perfectly with the saltiness of the fish and the walnuts add the perfect crunchy texture. Of course, if you’re not a fan of walnuts, you can always sub them for something different. Serving on top of apple slices not only adds an extra health benefit to this already healthy dish, but the sweetness sends it all over the top.
Not only does this benefit your body, it benefits your pocketbook! This is one snack that will give you a bang for your buck and taste buds!
Cranberry Tuna Salad
If you’re looking for a healthy snack this week, you’ve gotta add this to your list!
- 1 can tuna, drained and shredded
- 3 Tbsp mayo (or greek yogurt) - you can add a bit more if you prefer
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp dried cranberries ( or raisins if you'd prefer )
- dash of salt
- walnuts (optional)
- Mix everything together, set aside.
- Slice your favorite apple (I like Pink Lady or Honeycrisp) around the core.
- If you don't plan on eating them right away, rub a bit of lemon juice on both sides of each slice.
- Remove the core from the slices.
- Add a dollop of tuna salad on the center of each apple slice and enjoy.
Are you following Mom the Brave on Facebook?