What started as a hectic day with a sparse pantry led to the discovery of one of our all time favorite recipes, Green Chicken Enchilada Tacos!
Dinner. I feel that this topic consumes quite a bit of my time throughout the day. Some days I wake up wondering, “What’s for dinner?”
The Dinner Obsession
As a mom of 4, very adorable, opinionated boys, it seems as though dinner is the time they feel most inclined to share said opinions.
Meal planning sounds good, in theory; sometimes I’ve got it and sometimes, I just don’t. Let’s face it…most times I don’t. I try hard to ad shop and make a list and meal plan, but often I’m flying by the seat of my pants.
It was one of THOSE days, my pantry was a little sparse, a meal plan was not in place and I hadn’t the faintest idea as to what was FOR DINNER!
So I pulled out the trusty smart phone and saw the glorious words on a Facebook post…EASY BOY-APPROVED MEAL! Hallelujah, God answered my prayers. (By the way, are you following on us Facebook?)
I clicked the link to find a recipe for Baked Tacos…which sounded absolutely delightful, however, as I began to read the ingredients I realized I was missing a few important things…practically the whole list. Beef…nope I have chicken. Taco Seasoning….hmmmm….nope but I have green enchilada sauce. Sour cream….shoot it is growing fuzzies around the top rim.
It continued like that. Fortunately, my mind was in problem solving mode and we had dinner that night folks…it was A.MAZ.ING! There were oohs and ahs at the table along with the glorious sound of silence while all 4 of my munchkins were clearing their plates like bosses!
“Mom, you should make this every night!” It’s the best compliment ever!
Green Chicken Enchilada Tacos
This family-friendly recipe will quickly become a crowd favorite.
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (15oz) can of green enchilada sauce
- 1 box crunchy stand and fill taco shells
- taco fixings
- Boil chicken until cooked. (40-45 min)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove chicken from pot and shred.
- Put chicken back in pot and turn on low heat. Pour can of enchilada sauce into pot and stir.
- Use a 13x9 baking dish and place the taco shells in the dish.
- Fill each taco shell with chicken mixture. 2-3 spoonfuls each taco.
- Sprinkle cheese inside each taco.
- Put dish in the oven and bake for 10 min.
- Remove and serve immediately.
- Dress tacos according to taste.
- Note: You can also cook the chicken in the slow cooker. Just throw in with the sauce and cook on low until it's ready to shred)
She is a lover of Jesus, Littles, Coffee, and Light bulb moments.
Christine enjoys leading worship with her husband, crafting, and encouraging mommas in the trenches of motherhood.